Thursday, July 3, 2008

Do me a favor

I really like the idea of food favors. It seems like a really good idea for a few reasons:

1.) Not wasteful. I think little wedding favors are usually cute in the moment, but later people might just throw them away because really, what do you do with them? Especially monogrammed items.

2.) Leftovers. I don't like the idea of being stuck with 25-50 favors. If its food, usually people would want to take more than one. Or just eat them yourself :)

3.) Inexpensive. How expensive could two cookies per guest, really be? Depending on who/where you have them made, it could be a lot cheaper than say the $2.50 + per guest most favors are.

4.) Expressive. The cookie, mini cake, pie, candy etc. could be a favorite of yours and the groom.

I also like the idea of plant favors, but I'll get to that on another post :)




1 comment:

jas said...

so ive been thinking about actually making cookie wedding cakes for your bridal shower!! ive seen the idea on martha stewart.com and im sure youve seen it too!! and ive been wanting to try it out and i think i could do it!! let me know waht you think!
jas
ps i totally agree on food type wedding favors!! i like the regional food idea but im not sure if west virgina has a "regional food" i think virginia does!